Sunday 9 August 2015

BEAUTY HACK : HOW TO USE UP MAKEUP KITS / SETS THAT ARE LESS PIGMENTED..

Hello ladies.. happy sunday.. hope you are all enjoying the weekend.. today am gonna share a tip with you all.. simple but effective. :-) okay.. if you are a makeup/ beauty lover like me, you probably might have started your makeup journey with a small makeup kit that you got as a gift from your relatives or your friends..at least that is where my journey started.. i used to get these makeup kits as a gift from my relatives at a very young age , when i knew nothing about makeup.. nothing but the colors attracted me in those makeup kits..i honestly never used those kits or sets how ever you wish to call them. And after couple of years they traveled directly to the trash. End of the story :-P So in this post i am sharing my tips on how to use up these makeup kits rather than throwing them without using them.

Even now i am getting these kinds of makeup sets.. recently i got one from my sister who went on a trip to singapore.. these kits comes with different shades of eye shadows and blushes. some of the shades are really pretty but they are not pigmented.. 


look at all those pretty colors.. but am definitely not going to use many of these colors.. when it comes to eye shadows i always prefer browns, bronze, gold, copper.. all those neutral shades.. these shades goes really well with all indian outfits.. if i feel lil crazy ill try purples and dark blues.. because those two colors compliments brown eyes really well..but the problem with these eye shadows are they are not that pigmented. of course you can use eye primer to make these pop out.. but eye primers are quite expensive. primers in general are expensive.. so here is what i usually do.. i use bb creams as my eye primer and it works as good as a primer.. 

Now i have experimented this trick for you all..

i picked up three of my favorite shades and experimented it with and without a bb cream. now take a closer look at it.

I used bb cream on top and in the bottom its just the eye shadow with out any base.The one with the bb cream as a base is more vibrant than the other. It stays for a longer time as well.
to test their longitivity i tried rubbing them with my hands and here is what happened.


As you can see, the one with the bb cream underneath stayed better. i used fair n lovely bb cream in case if you are wondering.. i dont like this particular bb cream but it works really well as an eyeshadow primer.. same with your foundations. you can even use your foundation to make the colors pop out.

These makeup kits comes with pretty blushes as well.. they are not pigmented either.. but i like my blushes to be less pigmented because when a blush is crazily pigmented it makes me look like a clown. but when it is less pigmented i can build up the color to my desire. 

These sets or kits also comes with mini brushes which never solved its purpose ;-).. but i use them in some other ways.


it comes with a sponge tip eyeshadow applicator.. but i never use it for eye shadow application i use it as a smudging tool.. it is a very good smudging tool. some of the brushes in the above pic is lil dirty coz i used them for smudging.. And those lil blush brush can be used as a highlighter brush.. they are really good in high lighting.. and it comes with an eye pencil which is not that pigmented.. i use it as my eyebrow pencil.. i used to go very light handed with these pencils on my eyebrows and smudge it with my sponge tip applicator.. It also comes with a lip brush, which actually works really well as a lip brush itself but the problem is , the bristles easily comes off.. so i use it couple of times and throw them away.. 

And here comes another part storage... i have five of these kits.. i like only few colors from each of the kits.. its not possible for me to store all of these kits on my vanity.. so here is what i did.




I scrapped off my favorite colors from these kits and i stored them like this.. i have demonstrated three different ways to store them.. i stored them in a small container , i stored some of the colors in self lock covers and i even used my old contact lense case.. this way i can have all my favorite shades from these makeup sets on my vanity without having to keep those large sets as a whole. Now i can store away rest of the makeup kits somewhere in my cupboard or somewhere else.

I hope this was useful in some way to you all. THANK YOU :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment